- Pocono Medical Center opened its Clementine Abeloff Community Health Center in 1996. Pocono Medical Center employs more than 1,100 employees. Currently 215 physicians are on PMC's medical staff covering more than 30 specialties. The Center provides increased access to sick-and well-baby care for children throughout the Poconos. In addition, the dental clinic provides care for the region's medically underinsured and uninsured children. The Learning Institute, an off-site educational facility operated by PMC and staffed by PMC nurse educators and human resource training staff, offers courses and seminars to PMC employees including CPR certification and re-certification, in-service training, presentations given by local, regional and national speakers, corporate compliance training and employee orientation. In addition, PMC's Learning Institute offers some programs to community members.
- The Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center of Pocono
Health System offers state-of-the-art radiation therapy and
chemotherapy. The Center is a member of the Jefferson Cancer Network, an
affiliation that provides the oncology specialists at the Hughes Cancer
Center with access to the latest proven treatment protocols as well as
specialized educational programs and conferences.
- The Mattioli Emergency Center at PMC opened a Level
III Trauma Center Fall of 2009 and partnered with Level I trauma
partner Lehigh Valley Hospital. PMC is now able to effectively partner
with our region's EMS services and offer comprehensive trauma care 24
hours a day, seven days a week.
- Outpatient Testing and Rehabilitation operates a full-service comprehensive outpatient testing department to
provide any number of tests requested by your primary care physician. In
addition, Rehabilitative Services including physical, occupational and
speech therapies, and cardiac rehabilitation programs improve patients'
quality of life, and help them return to the highest level of
independence they can achieve through therapy.
- ESSA Heart & Vascular Institute enables Pocono
Medical Center to address the number one killer in America: Heart
Disease. Area residents no longer have to leave the county to receive
heart and vascular testing and treatments. The expanded Institute
provides all of the care patients need on one site, close to home. The
combination of our new Emergency Center and our new comprehensive
cardiovascular program, including the full interventional cardiology
service has already had a most positive impact on our ability to save
lives. The ESSA Heart and Vascular Institute is now in full operation; they are not only able to diagnose patients and help them rehabilitate,
but also have the ability to treat patients on site who enter our ER
with acute cardiac events. Staying on site means quicker treatment
times, which leads to better patient outcomes. For heart and vascular
diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, Pocono Medical Center's skilled
physicians are providing state-of-the-art, advanced heart care.
- PMC Bartonsville Healthcare Center is the newest extension of Pocono Medical Center services. Now conveniently located in Bartonsville, patients have more options in choosing healthcare. Outpatient services provided at this location include primary care, endocrinology, pulmonology, and an advanced wound care center. Obstetrics and gynecology, women's breast health center and urogynecology are also specialties the Center provides for women all under the same roof. The Center also has a full service imaging center located on the premises for patients, as well as a vascular surgery and lab. With many new facilities located in the same building, PMC hopes to assist patients with comfort and convenience.
Find Out More